Wednesday, March 11, 2009




Finally getting to see CA Conrad in person made this the raddest March on record. He told stories about Franks, cunts and abortions, but they were all so tender and sad I missed them when they were gone. Aaron Kunin was really entertaining too and I felt inadequate not leaving with his book, but money is tight and I'm not getting any smaller...which actually just leads to more feelings of inadequacy. I feel bad about Magdalena Zurawaski. Her voice was almost a perfect tonal match to the espresso machine and a lot of her reading got lost because of it.

I realized, just today after receiving an email rejection from Brown, that applying to graduate school is a lot like playing baseball...you can fail most of the time and still be considered successful. You just need that one big hit and every other at bat is forgotten...I stepped into the batter's box 4 times and got a single solitary hit, which equates to a .250 average...which is more than enough to keep me in the show, and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

I fucking love baseball...especially the Cardinals, and I think this year is a good year to be a Cardinal fan.

No comments: