Monday, February 04, 2008

New York City and How it Rocks...





AWP is over and I'm back home trying to get used to not being drunk and sitting up 'til 4 in the morning geeking out over poetry and its writers. I got to see about 25 to 30 readings spread out over 13-14 hours. Steal This Reading was probably the greatest poetry related thing ever (5 of my favorite readers and $3 beer + lots of other good poetry too). I bought WAY too many books, but don't regret a single one. Jonah Winter's "Book Reports" is about the most genius writing I've ever seen...as is everything released by Black Ocean books. Oh, and what Betsy Wheeler did with Joshua Marie Wilkinson's "Book of Clover, Flashlights and Milk," is awesome...I highly recommend picking it up before you can't any more. The experience of reading that text is too cool for words, and once I figure out what exactly its doing to me, I'll let you know.

No comments: