Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Good News!

The Tiny Tour is back with a few more videos...from the fire escape. Honestly, I look forward to this as much as I do just to see where the next reading will be. You can see these people read, if you like; Thomas Devaney, Sueyeun Juliette Lee, Dorothea Lasky, Michael Carr and Aaron Tieger. You can see it here: http://www.birdinsnow.com/ I would just do it, you got no real good reason not to.

Here's a carrot to get you going:


Dorothea Lasky, Fire Escape, The Tiny Tour from Dorothea Lasky on Vimeo.

Also, you'll notice a new link over on the sidebar...it's for a new journal called linebreak that I just found about today, thanks to The Lovely Arc. It looks cool, unfortunately, they seem to frown on prose poems, which is about all I write these days, but I would encourage you to submit. The thing I find most intriguing about their features is that they post audio recordings of someone other than the poet reading the poem. This interests me for two reasons: one, I, like every poet before, during and after me, am just enough of an egomaniac to desire to hear our words coming from other's mouths. Two, I don't think that I am a very good reader of poems and would like to hear how someone good reads my poems so I can just imitate them there after. Lazy? Yes. But also interesting to consider.

Also (again), I got the new issue of jubilat the other day, it's full of great poems as well as an awesome interview with Peter Gizzi. You know what you should do? You should totally go buy it!

No comments: