Tuesday, January 20, 2009

You've got to sand the moon flat before you paint over it.





I live in an old apartment building in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago. When my building retires and stops being a building it will be the moon. If you follow science at all, that makes me one of two things, a Proto-Moon Man, or a Meso-Moon Man. And these are pictures of my primordial moon room. Don't you wish could grow geography too? Don't you wish your retirement plans included "become the moon?" Don't you wish that you were a building capable of frightening its inhabitants by pushing your newly formed geography through your own many layers of paint?

I don't think I want to be frightening, but if I did, this would be how I'd do it...

1 comment:

Jonathan Barrett said...

I think your ceiling and walls are alive. The first two pictures, at first glance, looked like piles of meth. I wonder, do you think somebody on meth would be able to move any faster on the moon?