Tuesday, October 14, 2008

You're invited to a parody!


So, I'm a little late to all of this, but I realized just this morning that I too have been lucky enough to be one of the "randomly" selected 3,000+ poets parodied (though not directly) in the For Godot Anthology. Simple algorithms can do awesome things, or really boring things, as the case is for the poem that wound up above my name.
This is a really interesting project though, and it shines a really bright light on something that I've been noticing in my blog: I get way more daily hits if I mention a few poets names than if I talk about poetry in general. For the most part, writers are ego-maniacal, that's just a fact. Not only do we love ourselves, but we love when others love us too...maybe even more. Shit, I Google my name weekly (I tried google alerts, but you can imagine what bj love does to ones inbox).
This fact is even present in the first book I released on my press. I really wanted to be the editor of a press, and unfortunately, I think that shows in the first book, though the second is going to be focused primarily on the poets inside the cover (wink).
Anyway, this whole thing got me thinking, and I'll probably have more to say about it later, but for now, check out the lineup to the first issue of The Corduroy Mtn. I think you can see me from up there & I love seeing me; SHANE JONES, BROOKLYN COPELAND, PETER BERGHOEF, FORREST ROTH, BLAKE BUTLER, MANDY BILLINGS, ADAM MAYNARD, BRANDON SHIMODA + SOMMER BROWNING, JOSHUA WARE, DREW KALBACH, B.J. LOVE, KEVIN WILSON, & KENDRA MALONE.

3 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Was that you Googling yourself earlier, ending up on my blog, then?

Not only do I have Google Alerts (which is how I arrived at your blog today), but I have two different stat readers.

The world's a better place with poets being love with themselves...

B.J. said...

Guilty...

It's a very pretty blog though.

Brooklyn said...

Yrs is prettiest!