Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Kalamaras--because it's fun to spell!



That was George Kalamaras. He is a poet from Indiana. He looks like a hippie in pictures & thanks yogis in his books. For me to claim that I knew him 3 months ago would be a lie. I knew him 3 months ago. I found his book at Powell's. I bought it there too. My mother once told me that all George Kalamaras books deserve to have a home. I think David Duchovny mentioned it once too.

Other things to think about:

*Ezra Furman and the Harpoons is like Daniel Johnston if he was only uni-polar. Click, drag, left-click, google search. You'll be relieved you did.

*The new issue of 6X6 is splendid and at $3 a pop, you're stupid to not have it. Do you hear me? Stupid.

*Further Adventures Chapbooks and Pamphlets is running out of space for this year's run, so if you were thinking about submitting, do so soon, and do it here: furtheradventurespress@gmail.com

No comments: