Tuesday, September 16, 2008

This is a "little" awesome



Microphone + Title by Noah Eli Gordon, read by the author, Eric Baus and Sara Veglahn

+ Octopus Books has Matthew Rohrer's, "They All Seemed Asleep," chap ready to go. Buy it here. Rohrer is one of my fence favorites. I was introduced to his work via the collaboration(s) with Joshua Beckman. I loved those poems, everyone in each of their forms (book, CD and live), but his "solo" work I go back and forth with. I really like "A Green Light" but thought "Rise Up" was a little...easy? What I mean, is that unlike his other books, "Rise Up" was much more narrative based, which is a style I'm currently waning on. That said, I will always be curious to see what he does next. He is a poet of talent and skill and his ability to master differing styles will keep me reading everything he allows me to.

+ Around the office I work in, I am always responsible for the ordering of food. Today I ordered way too much... I've been eating muffins, strudel and bagels, and drinking coffee all morning and now I feel like I have to poop which is bad because I work in a school and the bathrooms are full of kids all the time and whenever a kid realizes somebody's pooping in the bathroom that's all they can talk about and there is nothing more shameful than people talking about you pooping, while you are pooping.

No comments: