Thursday, April 01, 2010





I had to run down to Kalona today to buy my father-in-law a birthday present. While this was taking place, something else quite miraculous was taking place as well. Riverside, the official future birthplace of Captain James T. Kirk. Space...

Taking these picture reminded me of other pictures I've been meaning to take. So I did. Plus I got an ice cream cone. I see that lady everyday on my bus. I real sorry for her. To think, living long enough until your home becomes the parking lot of a Heartland Inn...

I've been marathon reading lately. Ben Lerner's new book is A-mazing. Dorthea Lasky's new book was so great I couldn't keep myself from giving it away to a dear friend. I also finally finished "Killing Kanoko," which you almost need to read over the course of a few months, otherwise you become too adapted and the poems cease to have their [intended] effect. What else...Graham Foust: done. GC Waldrep: done. Allen Grossman: done. (I'm actually cleaning out my book bag right now) MacGregor Card and James Galvin: done. I think that's it...

Tonight, after some delay, is Brandi Homan's reading at the University of Northern Iowa. Baker hall, 8 o'clock...

Are you going to awp? are you one of the unfortunate masses without an Eric Baus chapbook. My name is BJ Love and I can put an end to such sorrow...find me!

No comments: