Wednesday, October 13, 2010







Today I took my class over to the Natural History Museum. They were supposed to write 30 descriptions of one thing, anything, that they could find. And they found everything, which was beautiful, but then they found even more beautiful ways to describe them, which was beautiful too!

What this is, is a list of all the things I've written poems about this semester:
  • Bears
  • The Internet
  • Hurricanes
  • Lethal Weapon
  • A single growing season
  • Benjamins
  • Van Halen
  • Data entry
I've also been writing epistolary poems with Lucas and dinosaur poems with Friedrich and a series of ekphrasis based on Norman Rockwell. I've been busy, but good busy.

Tomorrow is now being begrudgingly referred to as Therapy Thursday. How will you celebrate?

I will celebrate by remembering that today Aaron read me Kenneth Koch's, "Permanently," with his new cell phone. It was also quite beautiful, and might I mention, clear?

Maybe that will be enough.

No comments: